Research Coordinator II - Pediatrics

Baylor College of Medicine

Houston, TX

ID: 7223493 (Ref.No. 18676-en_US)
Posted: March 1, 2024

Job Description


Texas Children’s Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) has received funding from T2RF to develop and facilitate a TDD Natural History Study (NHS). The TANGO2 Research & Clinical Coordinator role is pivotal to the success of this TANGO2 deficiency disorder study. This position will entail 80% effort (4 days per week) towards TANGO2 Natural History Study and TDD related projects. The remaining 20% effort (1 day per week) will be spent as a clinical research coordinator for projects led by Dr. Christina Miyake of Texas Children’s Hospital/BCM. This position is funded for one year.

Job Duties

  • Recruiting, screening & consenting families worldwide for the TANGO2 Natural History Study. 
  • Collecting, organizing, and managing, all study data which includes but not limited to: medical records/imaging, videos, biobank samples, and other images. 
  • Reviewing retrospective and prospective charts and medical records. 
  • Responsible for data entry, database management, dataset development, and pathways to data sharing.
  • Conducting interviews and leading assessments with families in person and/or online via the Zoom platform using questionnaires and validated tools. 
  • Supporting TANGO2 Natural History Study & other TDD project’s grant, manuscript, poster, presentations and interim report development.
  • Involvement in all clinical research studies and/or grant applications involving TANGO2 that are initiated at Texas Children’s Hospital/BCM or by the TANGO2 Research Foundation in collaboration with Texas Children’s Hospital/BCM.
  • Assisting the Texas Children’s Hospital/BCM TANGO2 clinical team with TANGO2 related patient care activities. This entails; fielding calls or questions from outside physicians or parents, helping the TANGO2 team improve clinical documents such as emergency protocol letters or care guidelines, and coordination of multidisciplinary clinical visits at Texas Children’s Hospital. 

Minimum Qualifications

  • Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
  • One year of relevant experience.

Preferred Qualifications

  • Medical Degree.
  • One to three years of related experience in research and clinical study methodologies or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
  • Previous experience working in healthcare settings and/or research environment is preferred.
  • Strong organizational and communication skills.
  • Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative research methodology, EPIC, Microsoft Office Suite, REDCap, Tableau, and R statistical software.  



Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.




Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.