Clinical Research Programs Manager
ID: 7216713 (Ref.No. 10024578)
Posted: February 13, 2024
Salary / Pay Rate: $43.66 - $72.92 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Join the transformative team at City of Hope, where we're changing lives and making a real difference in the fight against cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening illnesses. City of Hope’s growing national system includes its Los Angeles campus, a network of clinical care locations across Southern California, a new cancer center in Orange County, California, and treatment facilities in Atlanta, Chicago and Phoenix. our dedicated and compassionate employees are driven by a common mission: To deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Clinical Research Operations: Manages operational and administrative tasks, serving as a liaison for Sponsored Research, Clinical Trials Office, IRB, and clinical faculty. Facilitates access to departmental core services, emphasizing positive leadership and human resource development.
- Pre-Award Management: Provides pre-award support for grant, foundation, and protocol proposals, ensuring timely submission, compliance, and regulatory tasks. Manages post-award fund allocation and supports faculty in scholarly activities.
- Research Meetings and Compliance: Coordinates basic, clinical, and translational research meetings, overseeing site activations. Develops and maintains standard operating procedures and policies to ensure research study compliance.
- Program Success Metrics: Collects and tracks program success measures, including clinical trial activation, grants, manuscripts, patient volume, finances, and quality outcomes. Manages the research portfolio and provides annual reports.
- Strategic Planning and Collaboration: Participates in strategic planning, collaborating with program leaders to identify and prioritize administrative, operational, research, and resource needs. Works with Philanthropy and Marketing offices to support fundraising and develop marketing plans.
- Personnel Management: Recruits and maintains staff, facilitates orientation and ongoing development, collaborates with human resources, and ensures compliance with staffing plans. Encourages staff participation in shared governance.
- Financial Management: Develops program budgets in collaboration with relevant stakeholders, monitors financial performance, and implements action plans if needed.
- Educational Programs: Coordinates program participation in internal and external educational programs by drafting agendas and submitting relevant information.
Your qualifications should include:
· Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
· A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in business management, project and program management in an academic or research setting, with a demonstrated track record in budget development and management. Additionally, at least 1 year of experience in a leadership role is required.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, please click here.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $43.66 - $72.92 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.