Assistant Football Coach
ID: 7198985 (Ref.No. BSU40671)
Posted: December 6, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform duties in all areas of the program at the direction of the athletic director or sport supervisor.
- Develop, in conjunction with the head coach, planning of practice sessions and competitive coaching situations.
- Assess and evaluate talent and recruitment of athletes into the program; includes, contact by telephone and mail; off campus evaluations; on campus visits.
- Develop scouting reports and pre-competition evaluations of opponents.
- Make recommendations in regard to fund raising, promotion and marketing, special projects, clinics and camps.
- Monitor, in conjunction with the head coach, the academic progress, the conditioning, and the training of the student-athletes.
- Show commitment to and responsibility for adherence to all rules and regulations of Ball State University, the Mid-American Conference, and the NCAA; pass the NCAA certification examination on an annual basis.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.