Specialist, Adult Education Information Center
Highland Campus, TX
ID: 7198638 (Ref.No. R-5392)
Posted: December 4, 2023
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
Reflects the diversity of our community
Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:Specialist, Adult Education Information Center
Job Description Summary:General Statement of Job
To interact with students, applicants, and community stakeholders in a call center environment to provide and process information and support in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about Austin Community College (ACC) Adult Education services, AE applications in Salesforce, and other services and procedures. Work may be at Highland Campus and/or Eastview. Position is currently remote 1-2 days/week.
- Responds to requests for customer support and information via phone, email, and web regarding Adult Education (AE) including student application (Salesforce), enrollment, current AE student information, and other related AE and ACC information.
- Utilizes problem and change management processes to perform root cause analysis, and make recommendations to eliminate the root cause.
- Coordinates and dispatches second and third level work requests when requests cannot be completed at the first level.
- Enters all requests into the AE communication systems and software, and monitors progress through to resolution.
- Contacts customers within the specified time frame to confirm problem resolution as well as degree of satisfaction with work completed.
- Documents and publishes self-help procedures, hardware and software installation and setup procedures, and lists of ACC supported software and hardware.
- Advises customers of scheduled and unscheduled down times.
- Provides technical support for AE students in-person and remotely.
- Assists with AE events and the AE admissions desk.
- Help desk policies, standards, and protocols.
- Help desk action request systems.
- Hardware and software installation and setup procedures.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Relevant computer applications.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Analyzing problems and making recommendations in relation to change management processes.
- Effectively using listening skills, adaptability, and initiative.
- Effectively using both oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software including Microsoft and Google suites.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM software.
- Us of multi-line hard and/or soft phones.
- Keyboarding skills with an emphasis on speed and accuracy.
- Ability to navigate multiple operating systems and browsers and ability to cross-reference across multiple databases and resource materials.
- One year related work experience.
- High school diploma or educational equivalent.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
$45,760 - $52,576
Number of Openings:1
Job Posting Close Date:January 4, 2024
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.