ID: 7196858 (Ref.No. 24N400006)
Posted: November 29, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
- Acting as liaison with the external auditors, brokers, granting agencies, et al.;
- Overseeing the short-term investment activities and monitoring endowment investments;
- Leading and supporting staff in problem resolution and staff development;
- Coordinating the grant proposal process, grants preparation, grants education efforts, and grants accounting, as well as faculty assistance in identifying federal and state opportunities;
- Preparing regulatory financial reporting and year-end audit work papers; and
- Performing various reporting and surveys such as Annual EZ Audit, 990, 990-T, Assist Financial Aid with FISAP reporting, Sales Tax Exemption application, Various States’ Annual Reports, and other requests from the CFO or Controller.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience required with evidence of increasing levels of responsibility including supervision, preferably in higher education.
- Effective interpersonal, collaborative, and communication skills required.
- High level of computing skills required.
- Satisfactory background and/or DMV checks required.
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience
About Rider University
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University is consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News and World Report, The Wall Street Journal and The Princeton Review. For more than a decade, Rider has also been recognized in The Princeton Review’s Guide to Green Colleges for its sustainability efforts.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.