ID: 7195430 (Ref.No. 24N200064)
Posted: November 21, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Maintain essential confidential student records and accounts.
- Respond to account inquiries in person, on the phone, and via email account within 24-48 hours.
- Replies to emails sent to the Bursar e-mail account within 24-48 hours.
- Post payment and other transactions to student accounts and reconcile
- Generate itemized billing statements, 1098-T upon request within 24-48 hours.
- Manage Third-Party billing for employee reimbursement programs and follow up with them to ensure timely payment. i.e., EdAssist, NJ Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, VA Vocational Rehabilitation (Tungsten system), Bancroft.
- Reconcile refund transactions under the direction of the director.
- Reconcile various programs under the direction of the director.
- Research and manually adjust student accounts to correct system errors when assigned.
- Apply principles, federal and/or state laws, and regulations in the course of official duties.
- Call, email, and send e-bills to students with past-due balances and assist them with financial options
- Send accounts to Collection agencies, process payments from the collection agencies, maintain accurate and current records
- Work with the director to monitor and perform analysis, categorizing all accounts with outstanding debit and credit balances at month-end and year-end closings.
- Represent the Bursar’s Office during One-Stop Zoom hours
- Serve as backup for team members in Bursar/Cashier Offices when required
- High school diploma or equivalent required with 4-6 years of related work experience preferred.
- Demonstrated accounting experience, strong analytical skills, effective problem-solving skills, and attention to detail required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard accounting processes, procedures, and bookkeeping required.
- Demonstrated effective communication, and interpersonal skills both written and oral.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and a working knowledge of standard office equipment are required.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, prioritize and organize own work schedule, multi-task, and meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently online using widely accepted platforms such as Zoom and Teams
- Demonstrated strong understanding of Accounting Principles, Cashiering Functions & Federal and State Financial Aid.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and prioritize workloads
- Demonstrated strong ability to work proactively, and be able to implement their work independently
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard accounting processes, procedures, and bookkeeping
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Docs and Sheets
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience
- Student-service related experience.
- Ability to speak a second language.
About Rider University
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University is consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News and World Report, The Wall Street Journal and The Princeton Review. For more than a decade, Rider has also been recognized in The Princeton Review’s Guide to Green Colleges for its sustainability efforts.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.