Hotel Desk Coordinator
ID: 7195429 (Ref.No. BSU40417)
Posted: November 21, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process reservation requests/cancellations; check hotel guests in/out; process payments; compile related business reports including weekly summary report given to Director; provide excellent customer service with information and assistance.
- Coordinate group reservations with groups and apply group discount rates; including but not limited to coordinating with Conference and Special Events Office, Muncie Visitor's Bureau and other campus departments. Enter group room lists and separate charges for shared rooms.
- Maintain computer software and hardware for property management system, telephone system, and keycard system which includes programming all doors in the hotel and troubleshooting the credit card processing server when necessary.
- Communicate information to hotel housekeepers and building custodians regarding cleaning, emergency situations, meeting setups, requests for equipment, special assignments, etc.
- Recruit, select, train and provide direct supervision of student staff with effective facilitation of communication regarding job responsibilities, and student center and hotel policies and procedures; keeping training binder up-to-date, holding monthly staff meetings; schedule student employees for hotel and campus information center, make sure all paperwork for students is filled out properly and in a timely manner such as shift adjustment forms.
- Provide excellent customer experience to hotel guests and other clients of the Student Center; continually checking the quality of guest rooms, scheduling upkeep maintenance such as air filter changes, carpet cleaning, and pest control prevention spraying.
- Operate hotel multi-line telephone system; includes answer/transfer calls for the hotel, employees and Campus Information Center (CIC).
- Prepare appropriate reports and maintain appropriate records related to property management software.
- Operate cash register and credit card machine; correct daily totals.
- Maintain Hotel and Campus Information Center (CIC) desk supplies; includes maintain inventory, and order and supply materials as needed; check out Ipads to student employees which carry daily schedules; check out cash bag and keys as directed.
- Coordinate the hotel website to ensure information is current and accurate.
- Inform guests of university policies such as smoking and parking as it relates to hotel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.