ID: 7195428 (Ref.No. BSU40425)
Posted: November 21, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate eight departmental budget accounts, including a foundations account; initiate requisitions ensuring cost effectiveness and track expenditures and revenue; process high volume billing data and invoices utilizing SciQuest and Banner systems; analyze and determine product ordering through direct pay and requisitions, purchase orders, standing orders and JV’s; receive data for payment through Accounting; compile invoices and reconcile all accounts with monthly financial reports; administer vendor payments and invoices for weekly Late Nite and UPB events ensuring timely payments; communicate with campus and community businesses for contracts, W-9’s, and correct invoices for vendors of Late Nite and UPB programs office.
- Perform daily audits of Hotel Night Auditor Reports and finalize bookkeeping for Cardinal Lanes and Hotel; correct any accounting errors and then enter all finalized reports into Banner system; assist in all training of hotel and Cardinal Lanes support staff and night auditors on new processes in Banner.
- Enter, assist with coordination of, and follow up on all requests for physical plant work orders involving building repairs and maintenance issues within the Hotel, Cardinal Lanes, and general operating areas of the Student Center; create and maintain spreadsheets and assist Associate Director, Assistant Director for Operations and maintenance personnel with ongoing projects; coordinate and communicate with Facilities personnel to ensure work is completed in a timely and efficient manner; research on-line company websites for replacement parts and building supplies necessary to maintain professional building upkeep; contact businesses for ordering, billing, and product information.
- Coordinate and assist with monitoring payroll for approximately 150+, students, staff, and service employees utilizing Kronos; includes provide assistance with SSB to review and retrieve pay information; record missed punches, vacation time, sick and PTO hours; administer all changes, renewals, terminations and new bar code assignments for all students; review labor distribution for budgetary reports; monitor service employee call-in absentee information; complete payroll deadlines by verifying hours, coordinating approval process, and signing off on time sheets for payroll records; place new job postings for students and service personnel.
- Responsible for all aspects of HR-TMS for service and professional staff, including entering position requests, entering job functions, processing and monitoring applications throughout the process, entering request to hire and facilitating with direct area supervisor onboarding of new staff; tracking and following temporary assignments in ensuring they are compliant with work shifts and job ending dates, terminating service and staff personnel as well as requesting job audits and job modifications.
- Assemble, prepare, reconcile, and oversee daily and weekend cash bags for Guest Housing, Cardinal Lanes, and programming events for Late Nite and University Program Board; prepare, review and sign off on cash receipt vouchers; deliver deposits to Bursar’s Office daily and schedule police escorts as needed; acquire cash and change from the bank as needed; count and prepare weekly safe and audit reports; audit and secure hotel backup cash box and petty cash; collect and deposit monthly rent and telephone payments for the HotHeads Salon in accordance with the rental agreement; audit and balance the vault reserve, ensure compliance with State Board of Accounts.
- Serve as primary contact for staff, students, faculty, outside vendors, companies, parents, and community members; greet, assist and direct all persons according to their specific requests; meet and communicate with company representatives via appointments, phone calls, and emails to assist in researching and implementing new products, order building supplies, order repairs to equipment and problem resolution such as returns and /or disputes; answer all incoming calls, direct to appropriate person or department.
- Oversee six credit cards for Student Center, Guest Housing, Programs, Recreation, Late Nite and UPB; track expenditures and analyze charges for compliance with procurement card procedures; verify and reconcile monthly charges for all accounts; enter and process updates, changes, and fund transfers utilizing Smart Data on-line system; inquire and remedy incorrect charges and/or disputes; input required authorization approval for all credit card transitions requests; maintain accurate credit card spreadsheet.
- Supervise and direct student office assistants; interview and select, orient and train, and direct day-to-day work of student office assistants; complete performance appraisals and discipline.
- Prepare all travel authorization documents for Administration office, Programs office, graduate assistants and various staff; process travel authorization requests and track approval progression through Banner workflow Banner and Egencia; initiate and prepare travel expense reports requesting reimbursement for airlines, vehicle rental, moving truck requests, hotel reservations, conference registrations, meals and calculate mileage; compile itineraries, travel authorizations, appropriate vehicle requests and approvals, travel expense reports, and reimbursement details; request vehicles for Late Nite and UPB events, such as moving trucks, buses for student trips and university vans and shuttles.
- Assist the Associate Director with planning and organizing Family Weekend event; includes coordinates mass mail and email notifications; schedule and attend meetings; take and distribute minutes; handle all financial aspects; review and respond to all incoming email on the Family Weekend website; assist in arranging staff coverage for the Bell Tower concert and t-shirt sales; compile and maintain names and telephone numbers for BSU Host Families; select and notify parent(s) for Host Family Weekend winner.
- Maintain, monitor and facilitate any and all purchases, repairs, and functions for office equipment; responsible for upkeep, ordering and keeping track of office supplies and materials for Administration, Hotel, Cardinal Lanes and Programs offices; work with building maintenance staff to ensure building parts inventory is purchased and stocked in a timely and cost effective manner; compose and distribute accurate spreadsheet detailing parts to order and expenses; inventory, secure and sign out various keys as needed for authorized access throughout the building; order keys when needed by appropriate staff; maintain secured locked key box and utilize keys as needed; report lost and/or damaged keys; process cash receipts couches for lost key fees from students.
- Initiate and follow -up with all internal and external, including community partners and national conference clients, billing for space rentals for the facility; billing for and collection of tenant rental fees, from on and off campus partners, including University Dining, Facilities/Business Affairs, Orientation, Ball State University Credit Union, and Hotheads Salons fees rental fees and monthly telephone payment; and assist and provide back up for Reservations Office, including scheduling room reservations and space requisitions in R25.
- Fulfill duties as governed by the State of Indiana for services as a Notary Public, for Ball State University. Review documents, verify and witness a variety of official documents related to signing for certification and verification of proper persons.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.