Adjunct Faculty - Opera Theater
ID: 7190782 (Ref.No. 24N332236)
Posted: November 2, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Demonstrated significant experience in opera direction, both at the professional and at the academic level.
- Demonstrated experience working with a diverse (across all measures) population including young artists or student singers
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience adhering to a strict budget
- Demonstrated experience and skill in creative problem solving
- Ability to work well and calmly under pressure and deadlines
- Demonstrated understanding of all elements of production that intersect with the position of stage director
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent professional experience) required.
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience
- Master’s Degree in either the Music or Theater Fields, and/or significant professional and academic experience in opera direction.
About Rider University
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University is consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News and World Report, The Wall Street Journal and The Princeton Review. For more than a decade, Rider has also been recognized in The Princeton Review’s Guide to Green Colleges for its sustainability efforts.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.