Engagement & Strategy Coordinator
ID: 7181342 (Ref.No. BSU39432)
Posted: September 21, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
1. An equivalent combination of two years of education and related experience in office administration / secretarial work or related field OR
2. Two years of related experience in office administration / secretarial work, or related field.
- Three or more years of related experience;
- Experience working with volunteers and administrators;
- Database management experience. Working knowledge of Blackbaud NXT or similar CRM, , Live Alumni, OnBoard, Fundraiser Performance Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide high level support to AES leadership responsible for donor relations, stewardship and digital communications. Provide minor assistance to other professionals on the team.This includes data management, travel arrangements, document preparations, forms and requisitions; equipment and services for events and meetings; correspondence with donors, graduates and others.
- Provide solutions to complex data projects. Analyze data within the Foundation’s engagement software/database, track alumni engagement participation and interactions with the school in the University’s database of record.
- Identify and update biographical data on alumni to maintain a current and comprehensive database and documentation of constituent interactions. Create queries within the database and provide reports as requested.
- Research and help identify graduates excelling professionally and personally and provide biographical information on those individuals to Foundation colleagues so we may engage them further. Includes learning and using the Live Alumni tool to conduct research and run reports.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Become proficient in OnBoard, the tool used for board and council governance. Set up agendas, track attendees, and load minutes for a variety of Alumni Council committees within this tool.
- Help with the planning and coordination of events carried out by the AES team, including Homecoming, One Ball State Day, signature speaker series, stewardship events and others. Coordinate the project plan for each event to ensure tasks are completed across multiple departments. This includes event space reservations, expense reports, catering needs, ordering supplies and more. Assist in all logistical support of Homecoming, including the Homecoming Steering Committee.
- Project manage related processes for those assigned as permanent stewardship, set up virtual meetings between major donors and students and ensure non-fundraising assigned prospects are being engaged.Coordinate student scholarship recipient (to donor) thank you’s.
- Use internal resources to learn more about engagement and philanthropy within higher education; share ideas that promote increases in volunteerism and fundraising.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.