Academic Coordinator of Student Athlete Support Services
ID: 7181340 (Ref.No. BSU39434)
Posted: September 21, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess assigned student athlete’s academic needs and coordinate academic support plans to promote academic success.
- Monitor the academic progress of assigned student athletes according to NCAA, MAC and BSU guidelines.
- Communicate and coordinate with primary academic advisor, and Upper Division Advising. Meet with student caseload as assigned.
- Coordinate support of assigned student athletes and serve as a referral agent to other University services, including Upper Division Advising, Disability Services, the Learning Center, Career Center, Counseling Center, etc.
- Participate in the NCAA Continuing Eligibility Certification process.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate files on each assigned student athlete with both advising and NCAA Continuing Eligibility documents.
- Provide consistent and up to date information on all assigned student athletes to the Director of SASS, Coaches and Athletic Administrators.
- Remain up to date and in strict adherence to all NCAA, MAC and BSU rules. Report any issue or concern to the Director of SASS and/or the Athletics’ Compliance Office. Maintain integrity on all fronts. Attend NCAA Regional Rules every other year, annual BSU Athletic Compliance Training and any other pertinent institutional training.
- Keep up to date on University academic requirements, policies and procedures as outlined in the catalog and in the advisor and student handbooks.
- Meet with potential student athletes, families and coaches during on campus recruitment.
- Support primary advisor with incoming student athletes during orientation, in the summer, and as-needed throughout the year.
- Participate in supervising and managing nighttime study table, varied hours needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.