Audio Visual Coordinator for the Student Center
ID: 7181339 (Ref.No. BSU39431)
Posted: September 21, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
High school diploma or GED plus relevant experience in IT equivalent to two years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond on behalf of the Student Center to incoming calls and requests for technical and A/V support for spaces in the Student Center; review, analyze and evaluate reported problems and related issues; implement and/or recommend appropriate solutions; call in support tickets as required to escalate issues to higher support levels for resolution.
- Maintain laptops and Chromebook, and work with IT on repair and updates for all the devices used in the reservations spaces and operations staff; evaluate A/V and computer equipment deemed failed and work with ICSS/UTS/IT to determine the appropriate actions to repair or replace the equipment.
- Assist with responding to inquiries regarding space reservations in the Student Center and/or other locations across campus; facilitate reservation scheduling for all meeting spaces in the Student Center; provide scheduling of academic and outdoor spaces to student organizations and departments on campus.
- Provide on-site production assistance for large scale events, which can include evenings and weekends.
- Use technical expertise in a consultancy capacity for clients and colleagues in regard to the event's needs; recommend alternative solutions or put clients in contact with departments to help facilitate what they need to accomplish.
- Provide information to the Office of Student Life, Office of Conferences and Special Events, other university offices, and the Muncie community regarding space availability for specific dates and times.
- Prepare detailed worksheets/diagrams on scheduled spaces for set up and equipment requirements.
- Serve as a resource person to Student Affairs and other university departments in the development of comprehensive IT programs.
- Assign and review work, orient and train student employees, and make recommendations as to interviewing and selection, performance appraisal, compensation, and discipline.
- Provide back up support to the Office Coordinator and Facilities Assignment Coordinator in their absence.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance as required by this position.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.