Simulation Operations Specialist
ID: 7181080 (Ref.No. ej-4618554)
Posted: September 20, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Simulation Operations Specialist
Job ID: 263483
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Augusta University is Georgia's innovation center for education and health care, training the next generation of innovators, leaders, and healthcare providers in classrooms and clinics on four campuses in Augusta and locations across the state. More than 9,000 students choose Augusta for educational opportunities at the center of Georgia's cybersecurity hub and experiential learning that blends arts and application, humanities, and the health sciences. Augusta is home to Georgia's only public academic health center, where groundbreaking research is creating a healthier, more prosperous Georgia, and world-class clinicians are bringing the medicine of tomorrow to patient care today.
Our Health Sciences Campus:
1120 15th Street, Augusta, GA 30912
Our Summerville Campus:
2500 Walton Way, Augusta, GA 30904
The Medical College of Georgia is one of the nation's largest medical schools by class size, with 260 students per class. The educational experience is anchored by the main campus in Augusta, regional clinical campuses for third- and fourth-year students across the state and a second four-year campus in Athens in partnership with the University of Georgia. MCG's expanding partnerships with physicians and hospitals across Georgia currently provides about 350 sites where students can experience the full spectrum of medicine, from complex care hospitals to small-town solo practices. MCG and its teaching hospitals also provide postgraduate education to more than 500 residents and fellows in 50 different Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education-approved programs. Our researchers and clinicians focus on what most impacts the health of Georgia's and America's children and adults, including cardiovascular biology and disease, cancer, neurosciences and behavioral sciences, public and preventive health, regenerative and reparative medicine, personalized medicine and genomics. Our physician faculty also share their expertise with physicians and patients at about 100 clinics and hospitals statewide.
The Simulation Operations Specialist will work directly with and assist the Director of Operations in their responsibilities of the daily coordination of statewide MCG Educational Simulation events. This includes, but is not limited to, the coordination, management, and monitoring of technology, equipment, and supplies for simulation activities. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate working knowledge of a range of common AV hardware and software.
- Provide general technical support and troubleshooting for the AV system.
- Set up, operate, and store audiovisual equipment.
- Demonstrate safe and effective operation of the AV system.
- Maintain an understanding of education principles, regulations, and standards/best practices.
- Support MCG Educational Simulation and regional campus simulation stakeholders in the use of Instructional media and equipment.
- Provide pre-briefing and/or orientation to learning environment for learners, faculty, and other staff.
- Support all MCG Educational Simulation faculty, staff, and learners in the safe and appropriate use of specialized equipment and resources locally and at the statewide MCG Experiential Learning sites.
- Serve as an internal consultant for integration of the simulation environment and technologies into the education program and MCG curriculum.
- Assist with examinations, assessments, and testing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant health professions principles and practices.
- Assist in the preparation of technical data/materials for future reference such as publication or teaching purposes.
- Set up, operate. and store IT equipment.
- Set up, schedule, and assure connectivity between the regional campus sites for state-wide simulation activities.
- Demonstrate correct use and provide general support and troubleshooting for all IT equipment.
- Undertake inspections of IT equipment to monitor condition and report failures.
- Provide specialized technical support and troubleshooting on IT-related equipment and services.
- Safeguard privacy and security of simulation data and technology assets.
- Set up, operate, and troubleshoot tale-simulation for remote participants.
- Assist with planning, coordinating, scheduling, and executing all statewide simulation activities and services in alignment with the organization strategic plan.
- Undertake stock control, ensuring adequate security and levels of consumables and equipment are maintained at all of the statewide MCG Experiential Learning sites.
- Ensure local preparation and storage areas are maintained in a clean, safe, and orderly manner and comply with health and safety regulations.
- Maintain documents and records in support of MCG Educational Simulation program operations.
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with institution and industry policies, standards, and regulations.
- Contribute to the MCG Educational Simulation program business activity, administration, and reporting.
- Set up, operate, store, maintain, and repair simulators, task trainers and other simulation equipment.
- Demonstrate safe operation of common medical equipment and associated resources.
- Provide general support and troubleshooting for both In person and remote simulation technologies.
- Contribute to and maintain simulation technology-related documentation.
- Liaise with vendors to ensure current and future simulation technology needs are met.
- Set up, program, operate, store, test, and calibrate simulators, task trainers, and other simulation equipment.
- Research, create, apply, and remove moulage/special effects appropriate to the soenario to increase realism.
- Prepare simulation environment to accurately represent a clinical setting using real and simulated clinical supplies and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
3 years of experience in simulation, healthcare, technology, or teaching
Other Required Qualifications
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
Shift: Days/M-F (work outside of the normal business hours will likely be required of an employee in an exempt level position)
Pay Grade: 16
Salary: Minimum $41,846.00/Annually - $55,000/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of the selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position
Recruitment Period: 9/19/23 - Until Filled
Augusta University offers a variety of benefits to full-time benefits-eligible employees and some of our half-time (or more) employees.
Benefits that may be elected could include health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, Teachers Retirement System (or Optional Retirement Plan), as well as earned vacation time, sick leave, and 13 paid holidays.
Also, our full-time employees who have been employed with us successfully for more than 6 months can be considered for the Tuition Assistance Program. Consider applying with us today!
Conditions of Employment
All selected candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during their employment and beyond.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer-friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner every day with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco-free environment, and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.
How To Apply
Consider applying with us today!
Select University Faculty & Staff > External Applicants if you are a candidate from outside the university
Select University Faculty & Staff > Internal Applicants if you are a current university employee
If you need further assistance, please contact us at 706-721-9365
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=12000&JobOpeningId=263483&PostingSeq=1