Accounting Specialist for Housing and Residence Life
ID: 7180917 (Ref.No. BSU39412)
Posted: September 20, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Assistant Director with Bike Locker and Microfridge rental programs.
- Assist Assistant Director with asset audits and verifications, as well as various university policy training and compliance (cash handling, prizes, purchasing, etc.).
- Implement procedures prepared by supervisor and Payroll to process multiple payrolls correctly and on time using Kronos electronic time keeping system; process all Kronos Adjustment and Labor Distribution Forms: keep current on Payroll processing procedures, systems, and the union agreement as it relates to payroll and FMLA.
- Enter Journal Vouchers in Banner, provide monthly account statements and balances to staff using ePrint, Banner, Banner SSB, and Argos. Analyze charges by activity code to prepare multiple spreadsheets. Assist with account reconciliations and analysis.
- Input EPAFs for HRL student employees in a regular and timely manner including entering start dates in StarRez and using StarRez reports to process EPAFs terminating student positions.
- Facilitate correct security access so managers can see their employees in Kronos. Coordinate and assist in Kronos training for new employees and supervisors. Serve as point person to answer questions and resolve issues related to payroll. Involves working with IT, Payroll, and all levels of employees and supervisors.
- Process credit card refunds in CashNet, process charges and credits for Indiana Academy students and conferences via Banner Accounts Receivable. Assist Assistant Director in monitoring and entering credits and charges in StarRez. Answer questions regarding student accounts using StarRez and Banner Accounts Receivable.
- Provide support to the Assistant Director for Housing and Residence Life Fiscal Operations by assisting with the departmental activities of purchasing and credit card security and allocation, processing of payroll (professional, service, and student), monthly reporting, account analysis, and processing of transactions in the housing accounts receivable systems.
- Provide excellent customer service for the area of Housing and Residence Life, serve as back-up for other administrative support staff within the department. This includes being cross-trained to perform a variety of roles and responsibilities as needed.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Assist with security and monitoring of the 30+ departmental credit cards; perform monthly reconciliation and on-line allocation of charges via the providers system; scan and upload all receipts, resolve violations with Accounting; assist with training and answering questions.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.