Digital Marketing and Communications Assistant
ID: 7180916 (Ref.No. BSU39394)
Posted: September 20, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide daily administrative support to the Chief Digital Marketing and Communications Officer, including scheduling, correspondence on behalf of the digital team to campus partners, and ongoing project management support.
- Perform research and data collection for the development of reports or presentations as it pertains to digital marketing and/or communications efforts by the division.
- Work directly with University Web and Digital Marketing Manager to assist with email marketing requests, utilizing the University’s ServiceNow platform and divisional project management and email marketing software. Collaborate with partners on campus to secure needed distribution lists for email marketing.
- Work directly with University Web and Digital Marketing Manager to assign ServiceNow service-request tickets. Monitor work requests from start to completion, and document project details in the divisional project management software.
- Assist with management of multi-user email inboxes maintained by the digital and communications teams of the Marketing and Communications Division.
- Maintain a single comprehensive calendar of email marketing plans in the divisional project management software.
- Maintain working dashboards in the divisional project management software and in Google Analytics as needed to be shared with University partners and leadership.
- Work directly with University Content and Media Strategy Manager to schedule and distribute institutional press releases to media, stakeholders, and others using email and media monitoring platform.
- Assist as needed in the development and project management of the University’s bi-annual Alumni Magazine.
- Serve as backup for the Front Office Coordinator in their absence and as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance as required by this position.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.