Human Resources Coordinator
ID: 7180915 (Ref.No. BSU39407)
Posted: September 20, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Please note that the new hire rate for this position is $16.20.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the first point of contact for employee support and respond to Human Resources inquiries via multiple channels (phone, email, in-person, etc.), resolve inquiries that are routine and/or of moderate complexity, and escalate more complex requests to the relevant functional area; ensure all inquiries are handled timely with consistency and accuracy.
- Clarify the needs of the employee, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond in a professional and compassionate manner. Effectively communicate and educate callers and visitors regarding HR policies and procedures. Assist employees with navigation of various HR systems (Employee Self Service, TMS, Benefit Focus, UKG Dimensions, etc.) and may initiate some HR transactions on behalf of employees and applicants.
- Partner with all areas of Human Resources to identify process improvements, system enhancements, knowledge resources, and communication needs. Assist with building a more robust knowledge base for the HR Solutions Center.
- HR Coordinators will also perform work in one or more of the following areas of specialization listed below.
- Administrative Support:Order supplies. Serve as a Notary. Review calendars and assist with scheduling appointments. Compile data for reports. Assist with the planning of a number of events (training sessions, meetings, employee conferences). Schedule rooms, make arrangements for equipment, refreshments, and room set up.
- Benefits: Notify employees regarding qualifying events. Assist with short- and long-term disability application process. Draft and send overage letters and emails for Anthem. Review tuition remission requests and approve when appropriate. Submit retirement vendor withdrawal and transfer forms. Send retirement packets to employees and process retirement paperwork. Ensure new employees have made retirement selection decisions and that their retirement records are accurate. Review and calculate service dates for retirement in Banner, to include emeritus/honoratus dates.
- Communications: Update web pages. Draft assigned communications, to include those items for the monthly newsletter, and send items to the Communications Center. Maintain communications calendar. Send targeted emails (Wellness Ambassadors, Supervisors, employee groups). Disseminate Qualtrics surveys and compile responses.
- Leave Administration: Serve as the initial point of contact with employees who are requesting a leave of absence and administer the proper paperwork as needed. Draft ESL (Extended Sick Leave) and other leave-related correspondence. Review leave ending reports from Argos and contact the employees who need follow up communications. Maintain and monitor the leaves spreadsheet database to assure accuracy. Answer questions regarding the leave process.
- Offboarding: Terminate records in Benefit focus to initiate COBRA notifications.
- Onboarding:Obtain all new hire documents. Manage I-9 process including uploading into Everify and contact foreign nationals when documents expire. Assign new employees to New Employee Orientation. Send out onboarding emails.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Employment: Manage the internal service hiring process. Create internal Service postings in TMS and develop corresponding yellow sheets. Pull seniority and group information from Argos reports and TMS to create internal bid sheets once posting closes. Rank top bidders and ensure eligibility to be offered the position (i.e. sick list, discipline, transfers). Run background checks for all those working with minors. Draft and send appointment letters, annual contracts, notices of tenure, etc. Work with candidates hired through search firms to obtain personal data. Perform delinquent account checks.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.