Executive Director for Learner Experience
ID: 7180914 (Ref.No. BSU39417)
Posted: September 20, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The salary range for this opportunity is from $82,000 to $86,000 annually.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Champion Student Success Initiatives for online learners, as a significant and substantial population within Ball State University, with specific support, factors, and service needs.
- Lead a highly effective and motivated remote/hybrid team. Set expectations for engagement with students that exceeds industry standards. Set professional development and success of team as a top priority.
- Anticipate support and service needs, by understanding the current and future landscape of competitive online programs. Seek out data, research, professional development, and organizational memberships to use as foundation for team support and student engagement practices. Use data and research in decision-making, especially courageous decisions in new support programs and practices.
- Strategize the implementation of academic systems and practices, to the betterment of online learner experience, ie. accessibility, flexibility, and convenience, toward keeping student success and continued engagement with the university at the forefront.
- Lead efforts in Dual Credit at Ball State. Supervise staff and attend state-wide online conversations around dual credit standards, policies, and practices.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with campus units (admissions, financial aid, enrollment planning/management, career planning, etc.) and online program directors, department chairs, etc.
- Work seamlessly with other DOSL teams – Marketing & Communications, Teaching Innovation, and Finance/Operations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.