ID: 7180909 (Ref.No. BSU39406)
Posted: September 20, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Please note that the new hire rate for this position is $18.25.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, maintain, and repair to the component level Ball State University and University Media Services production equipment; including broadcast quality video switchers, still stores, 3D computer graphics and animation systems, broadcast quality video tape recorders, digital video effects, multi-level computerized routing switchers, character generators, broadcast video cameras, audio boards, multi-track audio recorders, multi-track digital audio editors and other related equipment.
- Set up, check, operate, and monitor equipment for studio and remote productions. This includes equipment for distance learning programs (IHETS, etc.) as well as academic and promotional productions.
- Instruct students, assistants, faculty, and staff on the operation and use of the aforementioned facilities and diverse electronic equipment.
- Support all university departments in their electronic media endeavors by researching, recommending equipment purchases, and being an informational resource as to their proper operation and use.
- Assist in the design of educational video production facilities.
- Perform equipment layout, wiring, signal phasing, interfacing, and proof of performance.
- Assist in the evolution and upkeep of the University Media Services Parts Inventory System.
- Provide engineering support for the University MATV system by maintaining and repairing equipment.
- Provide engineering support for remote media productions and presentations, including teleconferences and sporting events. Perform duties as a remote truck engineer; set up and operate University Remote Production Truck; assist operators and clients with the operation of remote equipment; upgrade and maintain equipment in the remote production vehicle.
- Set up, check, operate, and monitor equipment for studio and remote productions; including equipment for distance learning programs (IHETS, etc.) as well as academic and promotional productions.
- Work in interdepartmental teams on production work, engineering work, quality control, scheduling, solving problems, and commercial broadcast productions.
- Provide engineering support for broadcast transmission systems; including television transmitters, microwave links, satellite uplinks and downlinks, closed circuit TV, and fiber optics systems.
- Apply thorough knowledge in the use of complex electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, computerized signal generators, voltmeters, waveform monitors, and the use and safe operation of other specialized test equipment
- Monitor procedures and ensure the quality of work; document standard operating procedures; oversee the continuous update of systems as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance as required by this position.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.