Research Assistant I
ID: 7145792 (Ref.No. hh-62454BR)
Posted: May 18, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Responsibilities will include:
- Work efficiently and cooperatively to assist Postdocs, Graduate Students, and other lab members with experiments.
- Perform experiments in sensory neuroscience using state-of-the-art approaches, such as optogenetics, neuronal mapping, imaging, behavioral analysis, mouse genetics, histochemistry, and measurements of autonomic physiology.
- Participate in laboratory meetings and read literature applicable to the research area.
- Help with lab organization, including accurate documentation and recording/maintenance of large data files.
- Assist with other support duties relating to lab management and operations as required.
- College background and 1+ years of relevant experience.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or related discipline preferred.
- A passion for neuroscience is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience working in a research lab and comfort studying mouse behavior.
- Self-motivated and able to perform complex tasks effectively and independently with general instruction.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member while engaged in collaborative studies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow instruction with an eagerness to learn, grow professionally, and be mentored.
- Actively seeks opportunities to increase skills and expertise.
Additional InformationThis is a one-year term position from the date of hire, with the possibility of extension, contingent upon work performance and continued funding to support the position.
This is an in-person position based on our campus in Boston.
The health of our workforce is a priority for Harvard University. With that in mind, we strongly encourage all employees to be up-to-date on CDC-recommended vaccines.
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Not ready to apply? Join our talent community to keep in touch and learn about future opportunities!
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and BelongingWe are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace culture of faculty, staff, and students with diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations. We appreciate and leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Harvard Medical School Mission and Community Values
EEO StatementWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Harvard Medical School strives to cultivate an environment that promotes inclusiveness and collaboration among students, faculty and staff and to create new avenues for discussion that will advance our shared mission to improve the health of people throughout the world.