DPS Clinical Research Assistant I - Outcomes Research - Part Time 20 hours
City of Hope
ID: 7134999 (Ref.No. 10020554)
Posted: March 20, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $31.00 - $34.67 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope's mission is to deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today. Founded in 1913,City of Hopehas grown into one of the largest cancer research and treatment organizations in the U.S. and one of the leading research centers for diabetes and other life-threatening illnesses. City of Hope research has been the basis fornumerous breakthrough cancer medicines, as well as human synthetic insulin and monoclonal antibodies. With an independent, National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center at its core, City of Hope brings a uniquely integrated model to patients spanning cancer care, research and development, academics and training, and innovation initiatives. City of Hope’s growing national system includes its Los Angeles campus, a network of clinical care locations across Southern California, a new cancer center in Orange County, California, andtreatment facilities in Atlanta, Chicago and Phoenix. City of Hope’s affiliated group of organizations includesTranslational Genomics Research InstituteandAccessHopeTM. For more information about City of Hope, follow us onFacebook,Twitter,YouTube,InstagramandLinkedIn.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Manages an assigned set of multiple research protocols to assure efficiency and regulatory compliance of the protocol. Responsible for compilation, registration and submission of data; monitors study compliance and maintains a system for effective data flow associated with research protocols. Exercises frequent independent judgment as defined in the position accountabilities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Conducts protocol management for an assigned set of multiple research protocols.
- Maintains current and accurate protocol documentation; notifies investigators of pertinent protocol changes.
- Ensures participants are appropriately registered; maintains documentation of participant registration.
- Compiles and submits data on appropriate forms according to protocol requirements.
- Ensures protocol compliance with intense monitoring of specific study requirements; and schedules protocol related activities.
- Plays active role in recruitment of participants to study.
- Assists in training and mentoring new clinical research staff members.
- Performs protocol specific clinical duties as required per the research study.
- Performs data management and data analyses, as required by the research study.
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships with participants, visitors and other hospital personnel, while assuring confidentiality of participant information.
- Collects and delivers specimens for analysis, using appropriate or specified equipment for collecting and handling specimens; ensures proper labeling and obtains pertinent clinical and protocol information on request forms; develops and maintains knowledge of various aspects of processing specimens, paying particular attention to safety practices.
- Identifies and communicates important protocol and data management issues or problem areas to supervisor.
- Works on special data management projects as assigned.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to maintain certification/licensure, and/or keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Ensures work environment is organized and functions efficiently.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Is able to function independently with no quality control audits beside one yearly audit.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Associate's Degree
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- Read, identify and extract pertinent data from medical record
- Ability to read, write and comprehend medical terminology
- Medical Terminology
- Medical Record, Health Information Systems, or related health field
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $31.00 - $34.67 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.