Comm. and Events Coordinator
Harvard Medical School
ID: 7127839 (Ref.No. hh-61608BR)
Posted: March 12, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Communications and Events Coordinator performs a variety of administrative and communications activities supporting the Mental Health For All Lab and [email protected]. The individual will report directly to the Empower Manager. This position is for a person who can work both independently and in collaboration with others in the lab; this position will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the development and distribution of all multimedia correspondence including website content, social media, weekly e-newsletters, briefings for meetings, new program information, funding proposals, and status reports for funders.
- Responsible for maintaining the website and adding updates on regular basis.
- Provides information and service to a wide range of internal and external contacts with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Responsible for creating branding materials for Lab and Initiative events, research, and educational programing (e.g., through use of programs such as Canva, Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite).
- Responsible for development and execution of communication plans and timelines, including new funding opportunities, education programming, and events.
- Facilitates communication among key players from across Harvard as a key point of contact for the programs.
- Liaise with external collaborators at other institutions and organizations globally to gather details for communicating and disseminating project findings, updates, and key milestones.
- Serve as the point of contact for individuals interested in learning more about the MHFAL research activities, programs, and opportunities for collaboration.
- Responsible for writing internal and external correspondence representing the Lab and Initiative leadership in a professional manner.
- Competency in a variety of applications such as Adobe Pro, Microsoft Office, Outlook Calendar, Canva, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Wordpress, Open Scholar, Photoshop, Zoom.us, Google Drive, One Drive, and the confidence to adapt/learn if not familiar with an application.
- Responsible for designing, organizing, and executing in-person and virtual meetings, conferences, community events and network building activities for students, faculty, staff, and community members of the Lab and the Initiative.
- Responsible for logistics and execution of events, including travel, lodging, meals, booking space/rooms, advertising, audio/visual, and web-based technical support.
- Contributes to the Lab’s and Initiative’s goals by working closely with all staff and faculty in assisting with administrative support and clerical duties as needed, including scheduling meetings, travel support and reimbursements for the Lab Directors.
- Responsible for handling confidential materials with a high degree of professionalism.
- Some work outside of scheduled hours will be required, due to event timing and working with collaborators across various time-zones
Basic Qualifications3 or more years of experience. Higher education may count towards experience.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree preferred. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- The ideal candidate must be well organized with keen attention to detail, able to prioritize, use discretion with sensitive or confidential information, and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Competency using a variety of applications such as Adobe Pro, Microsoft Office, Outlook Calendar, Canva, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Wordpress, Open Scholar Photoshop and the confidence to adapt/learn if not familiar with an application.
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to adapt and remain flexible in a changing environment.
Additional InformationThis is a 12-month term appointment with the possibility of renewal contingent on funding.
This position will be based in Boston. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you will begin your work remotely. All remote work must be performed in a state in which Harvard is registered to do business (CA*, CT, GA, IL, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VA, VT, and WA). The fully remote nature of this job is only temporary. Once the University and your supervisor determine that it is appropriate, in-person on- campus work will be required as a condition of continued employment. This department actively supports some remote work (within a state in which Harvard is registered to do business) where business and team needs allow. Individual flexible and remote work options for this role will be discussed during the interview process. *Note: Harvard employees working in California must be exempt.
The University requires all Harvard community members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters, as detailed in Harvard’s Vaccine & Booster Requirements. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/.
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.
Harvard University offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, incredibly affordable classes directly at the Harvard Extension School, and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complementary health services.
- Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events, and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Not ready to apply? Join our talent community to keep in touch and learn about future opportunities!
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and BelongingWe are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace culture of faculty, staff, and students with diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations. We appreciate and leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Harvard Medical School Mission and Community Values
EEO StatementWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Harvard Medical School strives to cultivate an environment that promotes inclusiveness and collaboration among students, faculty and staff and to create new avenues for discussion that will advance our shared mission to improve the health of people throughout the world.