Program Administrative Coordin
ID: 7127835 (Ref.No. hh-61640BR)
Posted: March 12, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Position DescriptionResponsibilities for the Program Administrative Coordinator include:
- Serves as the first point of contact for the learners attending our programs, routes phone calls, mail, and e-mail messages, and handles a wide range of information dissemination regarding our educational programs.
- Monitors and answers the department I3 phone system and ensures our main phone line is being answered in a timely fashion.
- Provide high-level customer service to course administrators, registrants, and internal staff via phone and various department emails. Monitors departmental emails, drafts, and distributes communications regarding our educational programs.
- Responds to inquiries from faculty and supports a local, national, and international audience concerning course enrollment and established policy and procedures.
- Provides day of customer service for live virtual events including interfacing with faculty, attendees, vendors, etc.
- Support on-demand learners with light technical questions related to the MYCE platform or the learning management system, Moodle.
- As needed, provides support for the program coordinators managing in-person courses, which may require on-site customer service at events including interacting with faculty, attendees, hotel staff, vendors, and supervising temporary staff.
- Create and distribute evaluations to course attendees at the start of the program.
- Collaborate with Course Director and Course Administrators to understand program activities learning objectives and goals in order to create a post-activity evaluation.
- Design, collect, and analyze evaluation data using best practices to maximize validity and reliability and to follow accreditation guidelines.
- Provide guidance for learners regarding the MYCE learner platform to ensure they receive appropriate course materials including access to evaluations and learner transcripts.
- Provide guidance for Course Directors and Planners to ensure they have appropriate access to MYCE course manager reports, including learner and attendance data.
- Ensures attendees receive proper notification regarding evaluations and certificates.
- Works collaboratively with all department staff on new course approvals and ongoing course development.
- Review and monitor course components to ensure AMA/ACCME compliance, and notify accreditation managers if questions arise.
- Maintain accurate and detailed activity files for accreditation documentation, physician credentialing, and financial reports required by HMS and industry supporters. ( includes, but is not limited to, collecting and reviewing faculty Disclosure and Resolution of Conflict of Interest forms, and syllabus documentation to ensure compliance with the ACCME and HMS standards).
- Work with our office accreditation team to collect speaker disclosure information.
- Work with our office accreditation team to ensure on-site or day of compliance with ACCME criteria (i.e. commercial support, exhibit booths, etc.).
- Stay abreast of changes in ACCME requirements, and comply with ACCME policies in order to maintain accreditation status.
Basic Qualifications3 or more years of experience preferably in program, project-management, event or conference management experience in a professional setting. Higher education may count towards experience.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Strong customer service orientation required along with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Proficiency using a variety of software applications including Microsoft Excel and other Office suite applications.
- Strong ability to prioritize workload, multitask and take initiative in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Zoom and virtual event management preferred.
Additional InformationCover letters are strongly encouraged as part of the application process.
This position is based in Boston and some in-person on-campus work will be required, and flexible/remote work is an option. Any remote work must be performed in a state in which Harvard is registered to do business (CA*, CT, GA, IL, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VA, VT, and WA). Individual flexible and remote work options for this role will be discussed during the interview process. *Note: Harvard employees working in California must be exempt.
The University requires all Harvard community members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters, as detailed in Harvard’s Vaccine & Booster Requirements. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/.
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.
Harvard University offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, incredibly affordable classes directly at the Harvard Extension School, and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complementary health services.
- Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events, and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Not ready to apply? Join our talent community to keep in touch and learn about future opportunities!
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and BelongingWe are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace culture of faculty, staff, and students with diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations. We appreciate and leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Harvard Medical School Mission and Community Values
EEO StatementWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Harvard Medical School strives to cultivate an environment that promotes inclusiveness and collaboration among students, faculty and staff and to create new avenues for discussion that will advance our shared mission to improve the health of people throughout the world.