Postdoctoral research fellow positions in Neuroimaging and Genetics of Neuropsychiatric disorders
Palo Alto, CA
Posted: March 6, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $68,238 annual salary
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
BRIDGE focuses on neuropsychiatric disorders, specifically those associated with RASopathies, such as Noonan syndrome and neurofibromatosis 1 (NF1). In our NIH-funded research, we employ three unique approaches: 1. Taking a genetics-first approach, we study children with known genetic conditions who exhibit attention problems, irritability, and deficits in social cognition. The approach differs from traditional research, which begins with the child's symptoms. 2. We apply in-depth phenotyping of the child's brain, genes, and behavior using brain imaging, genetic testing, and behavioral assessment. 3. We use large publicly available data sets (>10K children) focusing on child brain and behavioral development. Our goal is, therefore, to uncover how genetic variation and its associated downstream pathways affect children's developmental disorders.
- Ph.D. (or M.D.) or equivalent in neuroscience, computer science, psychology, statistics, physics, engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with programming languages such as R, Matlab, Python, etc.
- Strong writing skills demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and mentoring skills.
- Experience with neuroimaging data analysis for structural, functional, and/or diffusion MR Images, such as FSL, Freesurfer, SPM, NODDI, etc.
- Experience with genetic and genomic data analysis, such as PLINK.
- Familiarity with multimodal data integration modeling, advanced machine learning techniques (e.g., multiplex networks, deep learning), multivariate statistics, and cloud or HPC computing is a plus.
Job information: The initial period for this position is 2-3 years.
Workplace type: Hybrid.
Location: Stanford University, Palo Alto, California.
The application deadline is ongoing. Applicants with an MD and/or Ph.D. (must be completed when training begins) are encouraged to apply. There is no citizenship requirement for this position.
Interested candidates should send their CVs via email to Tamar Green, M.D., at [email protected].
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.