Posted: March 1, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $60,000 to $70,000 based on experience
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Our team collaborates with scientists, mission operators, engineers, students, and other colleagues and stakeholders. We are looking for applicants that communicate well with diversified teams and can collaborate with stakeholders across LASP, NASA, and the science community. Applicants will need to flexibly balance priorities across team members.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
LASP is a University of Colorado space research lab at the Boulder campus. As an Institute of CU-Boulder, LASP is at the international forefront of space science research in solar, planetary, atmospheric and space plasma physics. LASP’s record of excellence in space instrument and spacecraft construction, mission operations, and science data analysis for Earth, planetary, and deep space missions is supported by organizational expertise in Science, Engineering, Mission Operations, and Data Systems. We believe in providing our
employees with opportunities that are meaningful to them. We strive to be an organization that inspires and empowers you to do your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed.
We're invested in you and your success, valuing our employees as our most important asset. Everything we do is more than just a project; it's about people coming together in pursuit of scientific advancement. We bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our projects and make these core elements of our culture. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a unique combination of expertise in space science, data handling, engineering, and spacecraft operations, and doing so with a sense of togetherness. At LASP, you will help advance our scientific mission by providing progressive, robust solutions that benefit the broader scientific community.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and people with disabilities.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
• Supervise and lead the activities of a team of software engineers and scientific programmers.
• Ensure close ties between the team and stakeholders both within and outside of LASP.
• Oversee the development and implementation of software for processing and analysis of scientific and engineering data from space science missions – we use a variety of languages (e.g. Python, Java) and both on-premise and Cloud-resident implementations.
• Advocate for and enable team members and team solutions.
• Support writing and submitting project proposals.
• Foster practical and effective best practices and consistency across the team.
• Coach, mentor and assist professional and student employees with their technical work and professional aspirations.
What You Should Know
• Occasional travel may be necessary to support remote project meetings or conferences lasting up to 1 week at a time.
• Flexible remote/on-site work schedule is possible.
• Due to Export Control Restrictions, only U.S. citizens and permanent residents may apply.
• All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
What We Can Offer
The salary range for this position is $150,000-$170,000. We offer a generous retirement plan that includes 200% matching for the first 5% contributed with immediate vesting. Relocation assistance is available per institute guidelines.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
To view the posting in its entirety, please visit: https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Data-Systems-Team-Lead/46106
This position will remain open until filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.