Administrative Coordinator, CFA Deans Office
ID: 7116858 (Ref.No. BSU34859)
Posted: November 28, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reception: Greet and assist visitors, direct/refer to appropriate area, receive and screen incoming calls, provide information as needed; in coordination with the other office staff, open and close office; maintain office appearance.
- Mail: Process, sort, and distribute college mail and packages; coordinate systematic development and maintenance of mailing lists and coordinate mailings throughout academic year, both electronic and paper.
- Inventory: Order and inventory supplies and equipment of the office; process paperwork for reimbursement of funds spent; authorize and record use of procurement cards; maintain files and records of correspondence pertaining to individual purchase orders, equipment, distribution, items received, back-ordered and returned; enter items as received via SciQuest to process payment of invoices; serve as liaison between vendors and accounting with regard to invoice payments; interact with inventory control regarding inventory of new and used equipment; enter move requests for temporary furniture, long term storage, and items for excess; perform duties related to repairing of office equipment.
- Data Compilation and Support: Work in partnership with IRDS to facilitate the request and compilation of statistical data packages to prepare/generate various documents and reports, including annual reports, HEADS reports, planning materials, accreditation reports, directory listings, and other documents and reports as needed.
- Student Employment Management: Coordinate the posting and removal of open job positions through the Career Center; enter student employee information when hired; ensure all university regulations and state/federal laws are followed regarding student employees in the college.
- Administrative support: Provide administrative support to the Program Director for Promotional Services, Community Engagement, and Special Projects with the following: promotion, marketing and communication needs of the college, coordination / facilitation of donor acknowledgement and communication, securing rights for performance and / or display of music, theatre, dance, and art works.
- Budget Support: Provide administrative support for the Director of Budget and Resource Planning with the following: help prepare and distribute reports, memos, and correspondence; assist in maintaining and keeping records; assist in preparing forms for various inter-departmental units.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Provide ancillary/backup support to the Assistant to the Deans.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.