SPVR PFS BILLING
ID: 7116477 (Ref.No. hlj_41837)
Posted: November 21, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- The Supervisor of Billing will supervise the billing of all hospital-based claims for all lines of business, including commercial, HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, VA, HCHCP and Hospice.
- The Supervisor of Billing will provide direction to the billers within the department and is responsible for timely and accurate billing claims submission to responsible third-party payers.
- Responsible for monitoring and development of the Billing staff, assures compliance billing for Medicare, Commercial & Managed Care insurances, monitors edits to help achieve high clean claims ratios.
- Conducts detailed analyses to identify opportunities for improvement and appropriate restructuring of policies, procedures, systems, and workflows to facilitate efficiencies.
- This individual communicates with the Clinical Trail Department when needed for research claims.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will have previous supervisory exp with billing in a hospital setting.
- Provide support, direction, leadership and motivation to direct reports. Keeps Billing Manager informed of all pertinent issues, processes, issues, improvements and goals. Ensure compliance in billing practices. Evaluation and performance monitoring of department staff
- Provide support, direction, leadership and motivation to direct reports..
- Evaluation and performance monitoring of department staff.
Credentials and Experience:
- Associates Degree
- -OR- High school diploma and three (3) years of additional relevant billing experience for a total of eight (8) years of relevant billing experience will be considered “in lieu” of the Associate’s degree
- Five (5) years demonstrated progressive hospital Billing experience in a health care facility or equivalent. Billing experience includes Governmental and Managed Care Billing or a subject matter expert in Governmental, Managed Care and Bone Marrow Transplant Billing as well as knowledge of billing software is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years in a supervisory/lead role billing experience in hospital setting (may be inclusive of overall experience).
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.