Postdoctoral Fellow – Ina Nemet Lab
ID: 7104535 (Ref.No. ccf16168300)
Posted: July 1, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Nemet lab focuses on understanding the communication between gut microorganisms and their host. In particular, we study how microbial metabolic pathways contribute to overall changes in host physiology, and cardiometabolic disease susceptibility. The laboratory works on identifying novel pathways of clinical relevance with mechanistic links to human diseases by use of metabolomics (mass spectrometry) and clinical studies in tandem with animal studies.
Candidates with experience in molecular biology, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology or a related field are encouraged to apply. Experience in cardiovascular biology and animal surgery are desirable but not required.
Principal Investigator: Ina Nemet, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Cardiovascular & Metabolic Sciences
Lab Research Topics:
- Gut microbes
- Cardiometabolic disease
- Analytical chemistry
- Molecular biology
- For more information about the lab’s research, please contact Ina Nemet at [email protected]
- Project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation
- Preparing, collecting, and maintaining required research project documentation and data
- Leading, assisting, and contributing to the preparation of internal and external presentations, reports, and manuscript publications
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Cardiovascular biology
- Mouse surgery
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Ina Nemet at [email protected].
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, metabolomics, gut microbes, cardiovascular disease, metabolic disease, LC-MS, chromatography, mass spectrometry, biochemistry, molecular biology, animal models, small molecules, germ free animals
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.