Postdoctoral Fellow – Murat Yildirim Lab
ID: 7101184 (Ref.No. ccf15906159)
Posted: May 27, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We are looking for a postdoctoral scholar who will design and perform in vivo large-scale optogenetics and imaging experiments. With these systems and analysis pipelines, we would like to understand how neural circuits generate patterned activity that gives rise to complex behaviors and phenotypes in health and disease states. It is a fully-funded and three-years long postdoctoral position. Its duration can be extended further.
Who we are: We are highly-motivated multi-disciplinary research group focuses on cracking brain complexity in the lens of engineering, optics, photonics, behavioral and computational neuroscience for basic and translational neuroscience questions. Please visit our website, and check our lab policy and DEI (yildirimlab.org).
Who we are looking for: We are looking for a curious neuroscientist who is interested in working in a team-oriented environment and interested in making new discoveries in the basic and translational neuroscience. These positions are ideal for someone with a desire to develop skillsets with large scale recordings and manipulations and dissect neural circuits responsible for animal behavior in health and disease states.
Responsibilities: It is required to have a doctoral degree in Neuroscience, Engineering, or related disciplines, and to have expertise on one of these following topics: behavioral, computational, and experimental neuroscience. It is also required to have basic familiarity with coding (MATLAB, R, or Phyton), excellent organizational, analytical, and oral and written communication skills, ability to analyze data and present it in a format suitable for publication, self motivation, and ability to function effectively in a team-oriented environment.
Preferences: It is preferred to have a doctoral degree in Neuroscience, and to have an expertise in multiphoton imaging, animal behavior and stereotaxic mouse surgery.Highly motivated individuals with a PhD or MD/PhD in relevant area are encouraged to apply. This training position, under the direct supervision of a Cleveland Clinic Principal Investigator.
Principal Investigator: Murat Yildirim, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Neurosciences
Lab Research Topics:
- Large scale optical imaging and optogenetics
- Neural circuits in Learning and Memory
- Autism, Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimer’s Disease
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://yildirimlab.org or contact Murat Yildirim at [email protected].
- Lead independent research projects focusing on behavioral, experimental and computational neuroscience
- Data analysis of behavioral, and experimental experiments
- Effective communication in oral and verbal
- Assist and train other lab personnel
- Self motivation, and ability to function effectively in a team-oriented environment
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Experience in mouse stereotaxic surgery
- PhD degree in Neuroscience
- Experience in mouse behavior
- Experience in multiphoton imaging
- Ability to collaborate
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Murat Yildirim at [email protected].
- Cover letter
- Names and contacts of two-three references
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, Cleveland Clinic, Learning and Memory, Autism, Alzheimer’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Neural Stem Cells, Hippocampus, Neural Circuits, Imaging, Optogenetics, Behavior, Computational Neuroscience.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.