Postdoctoral Fellow - Kun Li Lab
Port Saint Lucie, FL
ID: 7098043 (Ref.No. 27145407536)
Posted: April 14, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Principal Investigator: Kun Li, PhD
Department: Florida Research and Innovation Center (FRIC)
Lab Research Topics:
Dr. Kun Li’s laboratory is interested in the pathogenesis and treatment of highly pathogenic respiratory human coronavirus infections (MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2). The laboratory also investigates host-pathogen interactions in airway epithelial cells by multidisciplinary approaches. The laboratory has developed reverse genetics systems to introducing mutations to coronavirus genome and mouse models of viral infection to determine the role of host/pathogen factor in disease pathogenesis. The goal is to develop therapeutics for coronavirus infection.
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: http://www.lerner.ccf.org/fric/research/
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Design, perform experiments and collect data.
- Data/Research Analysis and Evaluation.
- Prepare manuscripts for publication, present results in departmental seminars and at professional meetings.
- Assist with developing new proposals for research.
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
- Highly motivated candidates with a PhD, MD, or MD/PhD degree.
- Experience in a BSL-2 or BSL-3 environment is highly desirable.
- Experience with murine models is preferred.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- The ability to work independently, collaboratively, and collegially.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of 3 references
Keywords:Postdoc, Research, Cleveland Clinic, Lerner Research Institute, Florida Research and Innovation Center, Global Center for Pathogen Research and Human Health
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention program as well as a COVID-19 vaccine program. You will be required to comply with both programs, which will include obtaining an influenza vaccination, COVID-19 vaccination, or an exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.