The Career Services Associate is responsible for providing career advising and resources to students through individual and group settings, facilitating workshops and seminars, and participating in outreach activities for students pursuing graduate health sciences careers.
- Provides career advising to graduate healthcare and biomedical students and trainees both in-person and online.
- Plans and facilitates workshops on a wide range of topics including, but not limited to: career exploration, CV/resume writing, job search assistance, and interview preparation.
- Maintains accurate data and works with the Career Services Leadership to compile annual reports for institutional leadership.
- Works with Career Services Leadership to develop creative marketing strategies to engage trainees in utilizing the Center’s resources.
- Uses social media to market services and programs to trainees, alumni, employers, faculty, and staff.
- Develops instructional/informational materials for both print and web.
- Provides support to various annual programs including annual symposia, immersive learning programs, and professional skills development seminars.
- Participates in various outreach activities to promote an awareness of the Center’s resources.
- Utilizes Center programming data to assist Career Services Leadership in scholarly activities such as preparation of materials for professional conferences, publications, and grants.
- Assists in strategic planning of events and recruiting support from collaborators and stakeholders for future Center programming.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of relevant experience.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid work schedule will be set by management.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care.
- Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective.
- Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve.
- Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.