Spring 2022 College Supervisor for the Multiple Subject Credential Program
ID: 7090002 (Ref.No. 2679565)
Posted: December 2, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionLocation: Moraga, CA
Open Date: Dec 01, 2021
Deadline: Jan 03, 2022 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time
Description:College Supervisor for the Multiple Subject Credential program.
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation, and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning, and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
Spring Term 2022 - February 7, 2022 - May 20, 2022
As a College Supervisor, or Student Teacher Supervisor, you will support our credential candidates during their field experience(s) and student teaching. Responsibilities include:
1. Conduct an initial placement meeting with the Candidate and Cooperating Teacher
2. Attend College Supervisor meetings
3. Serve as liaison between Kalmanovitz School of Education and the school site
4. Assist in the on going training of the Cooperating Teachers
5. Complete field paperwork as required
6. Review lesson plans, including those for edTPA (if applicable)
7. Observe the Candidate instructing students in the classroom as required (described in our Fieldwork Handbook)
8. Maintain communication with the Candidate for the duration of placement(s) which includes: phone calls, emails, reflections and responses.
9. Provide support, encouragement, feedback, and constructive criticism to Candidate concerning the field experience
10. Maintain contact and encourage open communication with school administrators and Cooperating Teachers
11. Facilitate the final evaluation and complete the Field Experience Assessment with additional input from the Candidate and Cooperating Teacher
12. Enter Final Assessment scores and comments on TaskStream
13. Submit the paperwork to the Coordinator of Field Experience
14. Complete a final evaluation of the Cooperating Teacher
15. If appropriate, write letters of recommendations at the conclusion of the Teaching and Learning experience.
*Current teaching credential, or equivalent experience, in credential area of candidates being supervised or in educator preparation.
*Recent professional experiences in school settings where the curriculum aligns with the California’s adopted content standards and frameworks and the school reflects the diversity of the California’s student population.
*Knowledge of program curriculum and assessments, including the TPEs and the TPA model chosen by the program.
*Familiarity with current knowledge of effective supervision approaches such as cognitive coaching, adult learning theory, and current content-specific pedagogy and instructional practices.
It is an hourly position based on the number of candidates supervised. Total compensated time of work within a semester (per student teacher/intern) ranges from 24-30 hours. The number of candidates needing supervision varies among programs, and is determined by Placement Coordinators.
To apply, visit https://apply.interfolio.com/99667
We envision a community that goes beyond tolerance of differences to one guided by social justice, cultural competence and engaged citizenship. We know we can reach greater heights of excellence by learning from diverse people.