Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7075640 (Ref.No. 2021)
Posted: May 10, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Click here for current Salary Schedules
Saddleback College seeks a Part-time, non-tenured track Head Women’s Basketball Coach to manage the women’s basketball program and to teach Fall, Spring, and Summer intercollegiate athletic classes. Saddleback College is a member in good standing of the Orange Empire Conference (OEC) and the California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA). The successful candidate will report to the Assistant Dean/Athletic Director and will be responsible for all aspects of planning, managing, and directing a successful Community College athletic team. This will include coaching, practice and game preparation, recruiting, academic success, team travel, and fundraising.
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
1. A Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of experience; OR
2. An AA degree PLUS 6 years of experience; OR
3. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above. (Applicants applying on the basis of equivalency must complete all Equivalency questions on their application in addition to all other required materials).
A. Demonstrated cultural competency, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
B. Successful coaching experience at the collegiate level, preferably in the designated sport.
C. Successful recruiting experience at the collegiate level.
The successful candidate may have one of the following desired qualifications:
1. Master’s degree or higher in physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise, or adaptive physical education from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND a Master’s degree in any life science, dance, physiology, health education, recreation administration, or physical therapy from an accredited college or university.
Conditions of Employment:
Part-time, temporary, hourly assignments are on an as needed basis.
This is an ONGOING recruitment. We accept part time faculty applications all year long; when the department or division has a need to fill, they refer to the “pool” of part time faculty applications on file.
APPLICATIONS AND INQUIRIES
All interested applicants must complete an online Part Time Academic Application located on our Employment Web site at https://jobs.socccd.edu. All required documents must also be submitted (may be attached online). Any inquiries may be directed to:
Office of Human Resources
South Orange County Community College District
28000 Marguerite Parkway
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
SOCCCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Resume / CV
- Transcript 1
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 2
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation 1
- Other Doc
At the South Orange County Community College District, our goal as an academic community is to sustain a working environment that fosters and celebrates diversity, promotes and rewards excellence, and is welcoming to all. An exemplary academic community promotes an inclusive environment that best prepares our faculty, staff, and students to live, work, and contribute in a global society. The Plan reflects the District's commitment to equal employment opportunity and outlines the active steps that ensure nondiscriminatory practices.