ID: 7071541 (Ref.No. hlj_27854)
Posted: October 29, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Working with Quantitative Science staff and faculty who are worldwide leaders in their work. This includes the departments of Machine Learning, Integrated Mathematical Oncology and Biostatistics and Bioinformatics.
- The ability to be innovative and creative, helping develop job descriptions and other research management support for a division of research that was established relatively recently (2017).
The Ideal Candidate:
- A critical thinker that can piece together potential issues and think about resolutions ahead of time for the staff and faculty
- Someone who is energized by implementing change and contribute innovative ideas.
- An individual that understands the needs of Quant Sci staff. For example, this group requires different mechanisms for computing needs (software, hardware). It is also ideal if this candidate understood the foundation of the work that they do in Quantitative Science and how that incorporates into the science. (Biostatistics, mathematics)
- Is a team player and enjoys a team based environment
- Can guide faculty and staff on the appropriate path forward for complex questions concerning research and personnel issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive situations
- An individual that has high emotional intelligence and can facilitate difficult conversations with staff if needed
- Being a liaison between HR and the faculty to hire new staff in Quantitative Science
- Perform the following for all research staff: onboarding, facilitate promotions, disciplinary action, and terminations in collaboration with the faculty as needed.
- Responsible for approving payroll, ensuring that all administrative needs are met for the staff (i.e. flu compliance, mandatory training compliance, any other institutional compliance need)
- Being an advocate for research staff in the division to ensure an excellent working environment.
- In conjunction with Regulatory, Biomedical Library, Research Safety and other teams as assigned, Track trainings, certifications and compliance requirements of researcher as needed.
- Facilitate access to Biomedical Library resources as needed.
- Maintain tracking documentation and coordination of all staff.
- Work with Management/Leadership team as needed to develop workflows, streamline operations and support research staff
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health or relevant field is required
- Minimum of 5 years of research experience in data science with at least 3 years of supervisory and/or leadership experience is required.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.