ID: 7069050 (Ref.No. hlj_26966)
Posted: August 21, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Senior Director, Individual Philanthropy Programs
The AVP Individual Philanthropy Programs at Moffitt is a senior leadership position that oversees three highly impacted fundraising programs; Individual and Family Giving, Annual Giving and Planned Giving. The AVP reports to the Foundation President and is responsible for developing and implementing robust plans to meet ambitious financial goals for Moffitt Cancer Center.
The AVP will lead a growing team of experienced leadership gift officers, annual and planned giving experts, and grow each program over the next 3-5 years. They will deploy exceptionally strong management and planning skills to direct and motivate the staff of each program, set goals and metrics, coordinate across the three programs to build the pipeline of major gifts and monitor team performance to remain on track.
They will bring a knowledge of best practices to the role to ensure the right policies, strategies and methodologies are in place related to all individual frontline fundraising programs.
They will be sophisticated, goal oriented professional with a positive, unifying approach and a strong understanding of complex decentralized organizations.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Progressive management responsibilities and strong leadership experience within a development team.
- Exceptional management and planning skills, including the ability to manage multiple fundraising programs, to mentor and motivate a team, create and sustain effective accountability and performance measures.
- Proven track record of personal fundraising success.
- Extensive understanding of how to optimize the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation cycle and donor relations.
- Effective communications across development and operational teams
- Technical experience in database and systems tools, specifically Raiser's Edge.
- Supporting non-development staff in their fundraising efforts and celebrating the success of all who contribute to fundraising.
- Experience working with other teams to maximize team performance, specifically Prospect Management and Data Analytics, Donor Relations, Gift Administration, the CEO's Office and other key Center stakeholders.
- Experience preparing budgets, reconciling gift data with accounting, and other financial tasks related to the programs. Demonstrated track record in recruiting, mentoring, and retaining staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge and reliance on excellent process, communication, policy and procedure to support the work
of the team, its programs and the interface with other departments in the Foundation and Center.
- Experience and excellent skills in managing up to ensure Foundation leadership is fully informed, consulted appropriately on all aspects of the management of programs
- Lead the growth of each program
Evaluate each program to determine growth opportunities, challenges, areas of focus
Assist in goal setting
Create multi-year program plans, objectives and KPIS
Utilize analytics, predictive modeling and other data to inform strategic decision making and priorities
- Devise annual work plans and performance measures
Define specific annual initiatives, objectives and work plans for each program
Communicate regular management cycle of meetings, reports, program reviews, retreats
Adjust and course correct when necessary
- Maintain subject matter expertise
Stay abreast of best practice through benchmarking, research and conferences
Ensure each program is aware of new tactics and initiatives in the field
Ensure leadership is kept well informed of progress and issues, external factors that will impact goals
Present effectively to Board and leadership on specific fundraising field
- Lead by Example
Develop and manage own portfolio of prospects and donors, with an emphasis on closing leadership and principal gifts
Model best practice in donor management and relations
- Demonstrate business acumen
Ensure teams have the resources needed to be effective
Demonstrate fiscal responsibility in resource management
Look for efficiencies and savings on an on-going basis
Prioritize and time manage effectively
- Manage up and across effectively
Set clear expectations for team performance
Motivate and inspire team members
Identify issues with individual performance and take steps to improve
Mentor and develop team skills
Maintain a positive, respectful and mature working culture
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Minimum Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum of 10 years in senior fundraising positions within large Development teams, in Higher Education or Healthcare organizations
Minimum of 5 years senior management experience.
Technical experience in database and systems tools, specifically Raiser's Edge
- Preferred: Master's Degree
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.