ID: 7067550 (Ref.No. hlj_26397)
Posted: July 7, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
CRNA or AA for Moffitt Anesthesiology
The Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) or Anesthesiology Assistant (CAA) will serve as a member of the Anesthesiology Department and will provide anesthesia care to cancer patients under the direct supervision of physician anesthesiologists. The CRNA / AA must have the ability to work within the scope of practice per protocol and state statutes.
Ultimately the workday hours may be 8, 10 or 12 hour shifts; however, hours could extend later to meet the needs of patients and the service. The CRNA / AA must be available and able to provide services on a rotating basis that may include late call and at home call.
· Performs procedures commonly used to render the patient insensible to pain during the performance of surgical, therapeutic, or diagnostic clinical procedures. These procedures include ordering and administering regional, spinal, and general anesthesia as per American Society of Anesthesiology (ASA) guidelines.
· Recognize and take appropriate corrective action for abnormal patient responses to anesthesia, adjunctive medication, or other forms of therapy.
· Support life functions during anesthesia, including induction and intubation, the use of appropriate mechanical ventilation, and the management of fluid, electrolyte, and blood components.
· Participate in management of the patient while in the post anesthesia recovery area, including ordering the administration of fluids and drugs and completing a post-operative anesthesia evaluation.
The Ideal Candidate:
· Clinical professional who demonstrates a passion for our mission, and who takes pride in delivering world class service and patient care in a collaborative, learning environment.
· Demonstrating a lead-by-example approach, the successful candidate will be a superior communicator, an engaged team member, and a knowledgeable, patient focused provider.
-Performs and/or reviews the preoperative anesthetic evaluation in a thorough and complete manner.
-Collaborates with the Anesthesiologist to formulate and implement an anesthetic plan based upon the preoperative evaluation.
-Notifies the supervising Anesthesiologist as directed or when the anesthetic or preoperative course on patient's status has significantly changed.
-Recognizes and treats a cardiac arrhythmia while the patient is under anesthetic care.
-Calls for help for any life-threatening emergency and is aware and capable of initiating emergency resuscitation measures.
-Orders (under the protocol) pre-anesthetic medication.
-Orders or performs monitoring procedures indicated as per American Society of Anesthesiology (ASA) guidelines.
-Serves as a preceptor for Anesthesia students and a resource for nursing and other personnel.
-Communicates and consults with referring physicians.
-Performs case review and participate in risk management for the department.
-Maintains complete and accurate anesthetic records including timely completion of the information needed for billing purposes.
-Documents type of dose and time of antibiotic administration.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Master's degree required.
· Training, experience, and education consistent with that received through the successful completion of an American Association of Nurse Anesthetists, or Academy of Anesthesiologist Assistants approved training program.
· Active BLS and ACLS.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.