Grants Administration - 20%
- Analyzes grant and contract awards for special conditions/restrictions and establishes controls as needed to ensure full compliance.
- Provides assistance to COE Principal Investigator and staff to ensure allow ability and of capable, available based on federal, state and institutional guidelines on extramural funds.
- Prepares and reviews grant, contracting and administrative budgets for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with federal, state and institutional guidelines on extramural funds.
- Meets regularly with COE Principle Investigators to review accounts and adjusts budgets dependent upon grant or contract requirements.
- Assists in the preparation and analysis of required reports for grant agency.
- Distributes to COE Principal Investigators and staff pertinent information relating to grant and contractual provisions and obligations.
- Communicates with grant agency regarding required reports, carryover requests, prior approvals, and renewal for awards or contract/subcontract.
- Assists the COE Principle Investigators with closeout of annual notices of awards and contracts, including financial reports to grant agency.
Business Operations - 20%
- Manages procurement card, salary/stipend allocations for program scholars, contract/subcontract payments, professional services agreements, etc.
- Manages other research administrative duties such as ordering supplies, reimbursements, and travel arrangements for COE staff.
- Prepares monthly financial and operational reports for grants and contracts administered within the Center of Excellence.
- Creates and maintains inventory of assets procured under grants and contracts.
- Oversees process improvement efforts for the COE .
- Works closely with COE Principle Investigator and Center Director in creating and implementing COE operational procedures, policies and strategies.
Educational Programs - 45%
- Schedules all meetings related to COE research, education and other activities and manages event logistics, including catering, room reservations and contacting potential speakers/faculty.
- Serves as the CME program coordinator for regularly schedule series and other professional development conferences.
- Plans and implements annual health equity Research Summit.
- Manages the enrollment management processes, including eligibility verification, scheduling interviews, notification of admissions, onboarding and credentialing, for prospective and current scholars in the program.
- Prepares and disseminates academic calendars and training schedules for scholar cohorts.
- Assists with recruitment activities, as needed.
Communications - 15%
- Provides day-to-day communications to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages COE web pages, shared email accounts, and other communication tools.
- Creates flyers and other marketing tools to promote COE programs and services