Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7064932 (Ref.No. P0017504)
Posted: June 11, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The District offers a comprehensive package of insurance benefits to eligible employees, which includes medical and dental insurance, a vision-care plan, life insurance and dependent life coverage, accidental death and dismemberment coverage, and a long-term disability income-protection plan. All premiums are fully paid by the District.
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria: 1. Master’s degree or higher in computer science or computer engineering from an accredited college or university; OR 2. Bachelor’s degree in either of the above AND a Master’s degree in mathematics, cybernetics, business administration, accounting or engineering from an accredited college or university; OR 3. Bachelor’s degree in engineering AND Master’s in cybernetics, engineering mathematics, or business administration from an accredited college or university; OR 4. Bachelor’s degree in mathematics AND a Master’s degree in cybernetics, engineering, mathematics, or business administration from an accredited college or university; OR 5. Bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND a Master’s degree in information science, computer information systems, or information systems from an accredited college or university; OR 6. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR 7. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 above (Applicants applying on the basis of equivalency must submit the Supplemental Application for Equivalency Determination form in addition to all other required materials).
• Minimum of one (1) year (or equivalent) of successful experience teaching computer science at the college level.
• Experience teaching C, C++ and Java programming language.
• Experience in individualized instruction in a computer laboratory environment.
• Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Software Engineering, Cyber Security, Engineering, or Mathematics AND a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Information Systems from an accredited college or university.
• Extensive knowledge and substantial experience with C, C++ and Java computer language.
Full Time, Tenure Track
- Resume / CV
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3
- Transcript 4
- Other Doc
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation 1
- License or Certificate
At the South Orange County Community College District, our goal as an academic community is to sustain a working environment that fosters and celebrates diversity, promotes and rewards excellence, and is welcoming to all. An exemplary academic community promotes an inclusive environment that best prepares our faculty, staff, and students to live, work, and contribute in a global society. The Plan reflects the District's commitment to equal employment opportunity and outlines the active steps that ensure nondiscriminatory practices.