ID: 7063952 (Ref.No. 2339-en_US)
Posted: February 19, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Career Services Associate is responsible for providing career advising and resources to students through individual and group settings, facilitating workshops and seminars, and participating in outreach activities for students pursuing health sciences careers.
- Provide career advising to students both in-person and online.
- Facilitates workshops on a range of topics including, but not limited to career exploration, CV/resume writing, job search assistance, and interview preparation.
- Maintains accurate data and work with Director to compile annual reports for institutional leadership.
- Works with Director to develop creative marketing strategies to engage students in utilizing the Center’s resources.
- Uses social media to market services and programs to students, alumni, employers, faculty, and staff.
- Develops instructional/informational materials for both print and web.
- Provides support to various annual programs including annual symposia, immersive learning programs and professional skills development seminars.
- Participates in various outreach activities to promote an awareness of the Center’s resources.
- Required: Bachelor's degree.
- Required: Two years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in Higher Education and Student Affairs, College Student Personnel, Counseling, or a related field.
- Two years of experience providing career advising/coaching to students in college career services, counseling or student affairs.
- Experience providing services to individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Highly effective interpersonal communication skills and oral/written skills to work individually with students and deliver small group presentations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (some evenings, some weekend events) as needed.
- Knowledge of career development theory and practice.
- Knowledge of health science career paths and current workforce trends.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.