ID: 7057738 (Ref.No. 308467DP)
Posted: June 14, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) seeks to identify a Student Success Coordinator to assist with the provision of academic support programs and activities, as well as services intended to foster health and wellness within Baylor’s student population. This position will report to the Assistant Director of Student Success.
- Provides technical academic advice to students.
- Assists with the expansion of health and wellness services and programming.
- Counsels students on problems related to degree program, provides solutions to problems, offer alternatives, and makes requests to the appropriate office or faculty.
- Assists with resource development for the Student Success Resources Blackboard site: uploading new resources; tracking views of in-demand resources; and, making recommendations on resources that would be beneficial to students at the College.
- Supports the management/maintenance of Student Services Web pages as needed (Academic Success Center, Academic Success, Student Wellness, etc.).
- Coordinates communication with school contacts and the Texas Medical Center Library to ensure that all required textbooks are on-hand at the ASC or in the TMC Library.
- Seeks out and identifies software and other academic support resources that can be made available through the ASC.
- Assists with training and supervision of work study students on an as-needed basis and assist with other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of curricula, practices and procedures.
- Maintains files on students who seek student success services.
- Informs students and faculty of deadlines for filing forms and registration materials related to student programs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree. Four years of relevant work- related experience in an academic setting can be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- One year experience in an academic setting.