ID: 7056088 (Ref.No. 0199506CK)
Posted: February 23, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Department of Anesthesiology is recruiting for a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist at Texas Children’s Hospital to administer anesthesia to pediatric patients prior to surgical or medical procedures, monitors pediatric patients' vital signs and responds to emergency/code situations when warranted.
- Administers intravenous, spinal and other anesthetics prior to surgical or medical procedures.
- Assesses and evaluates patients prior to the administration of anesthesia in order to formulate anesthetic plan.
- Monitors patients' vital signs during and after the administration of anesthesia.
- Responds to emergency/code situations in order to provide airway management.
- Records anesthetic information and patient condition on a postoperative report.
- May supervise or provide direction to student nurse anesthetists.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Nursing and a Master's Degree in Anesthesia. Required: Certification as a Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) from the National Board of Certification & Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists and the Texas Board of Nursing.
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist will administer anesthesia in the operating rooms under the supervision of an anesthesiologist. This is an Instructor position on the faculty at Baylor College of Medicine.