Director, Library Services
Helena , AR
Posted: January 14, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionInstitution Name:
Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas
The first community college established in Arkansas, Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas (PCCUA) is a multi-campus, two-year college serving Eastern Arkansas. PCCUA has academic, occupational/technical and continuing education programs and offers over 25 associate degree programs with campuses in DeWitt, Helena-W. Helena and Stuttgart. Thank you for your interest, and we hope you’ll be joining our Ridge Runner family soon!
Below you will find the details for the position as well as any specific application requirements you should review before applying for this opening. To apply for this position, please click the Apply link/button.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the hiring process, please call Human Resources at (870) 338-6474, ext. 1271.
Summary of Job Duties:
The PCCUA Director of Library Services is responsible for the development, implementation, and direction of all library services to meet the needs of Helena, DeWitt, and Stuttgart campuses. The PCCUA Library/Director of Library Services reports to the Vice Chancellor for Instruction and is responsible for the following tasks:
1. Provide leadership to drive the mission and philosophy of the College to library employees;
2. Plan and administer all programs and services of the library for all three campuses;
3. Supervise and evaluate library personnel to include establishing and maintaining communications between the library and the faculty and administration;
4. Prepare and administer the budget for purchase, processing and maintenance of the print and non-print materials and equipment;
5. Evaluate library collections and develop and revise policies and procedures for effective collection development;
6. Prepare and submit appropriate college reports and documents;
7. Provide direction and supervision for personnel in circulation and technical services;
8. Orientate groups who visit the library to library skills to include answering reference questions and locating and selecting materials;
9. Attend state and national meetings related directly to the library and maintain currency in areas of responsibility;
10. Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with other institutions, librarians, and media specialists;
11. Maintain library accreditation standards for various college programs (Higher Learning Commission, Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, and the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences);
12. Maintain library technology (electronic data bases, web page, etc.)
13. Supervise work-study students when assigned to library duty;
14. Maintain a safe, secure learning environment;
15. Serve on college committees
Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Library Science/Library Information Studies from an ALA accredited library program (preferred).
Five years’ experience in a college library or a comparable library environment and prior experience with an automated library system (Innovative Interfaces, Inc.) required.
Must have knowledge of trends and issues in library and information science, library automation, library operations and procedures, computers and use of library software and systems, management skills.