The Baylor Medicine Spine Center is seeking a highly motivated and self confident Senior Coordinator, Patient Support Services to serve as primary surgery coordinator who is comfortable utilizing technology to engage with patients and providers. Will be required to provide ample support to clinicians and patients before and after their scheduled surgery. Will also work directly with one surgeon to provide high quality patient care in the clinic setting and back office for all surgery requests. May also be asked to cover for additional surgeons as needed. May be required to assist with coverage within all areas of surgery scheduling in Neurosurgery over time.
- Schedules surgeries:
- Ensures provider completes the surgery form
- Discusses surgery with patient and provide patient with surgery packet
- Schedules surgery in BCM EPIC and SLEH OR
- Schedules pre-op testing and COVID testing for patient
- Places orders for pre-admission testing (CXR, EKG, BMP, PT/PTT, INR UA, etc.) in SLEH Epic and follow up with Nurse Pr for sign off
- Orders necessary imaging studies for surgery; Notify NPs when pre-op is completed, and if abnormal results
- Obtains necessary clearances for surgery, fax request to physician’s office
- Follows up with clearance request at least 1 week before surgery
- Separates processes/procedures apply to add on or on call surgeries
- Confirms surgery:
- Confirms orders and start time with physician (if applicable)
- Calls patient with check in time 1 to 2 days prior to surgery
- Discusses check in location and all relevant instructions in detail
- Schedules 2 week post op appointment with NP and give this date and time to patient when confirming surgery
- Cancels/reschedules in all appropriate areas (Epic, OR, etc.); informs NP, Physician and IV help team; makes sure to document in Epic reason for cancellation or reschedule
- Reviews patient chart to ensure patient is authorized to proceed with surgery; completes any insurance forms as required and/or schedule peer to peers for surgeon or file appeals
- Reviews patient chart to ensure patient is financially cleared per department policy
- Maintains physician calendar
- Assists administrative staff with physician credentialing and licensure
- Manages physician time in QGenda
- Maintains CME records
- Serves as primary administrative contact for physician between department and other BCM administrative office; back up other departmental staff as needed
- High School diploma or GED.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Experience in procedural/surgical specialty.
- Epic experience.
- Must be organized, efficient and able to work on a team.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care.
- Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective.
- Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve.
- Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.