ID: 7069908 (Ref.No. hlj_27269)
Posted: September 17, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Scheduling Coord Specialty – Gynecologic Oncology Program Administration
Based in Gynecologic Oncology Program Administration, the Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for coordinating patient appointments involving multiple resources and/or complex record gathering to facilitate accurate scheduling. The Coordinator is also responsible for follow-up including communicating with all stakeholders (verbally, written, and electronically).
The Ideal Candidate:
Dedicated professional who demonstrates a passion for our mission, and who takes pride in delivering world class service in a collaborative, team-centric learning environment.
The successful candidate will be a superior communicator, an engaged team member, and a knowledgeable, patient focused individual.
- Schedules and coordinates patient appointments
- Communicates with all stakeholders including patients in the manner preferred by each (email, phone, etc.);
- Obtains medical records as needed from outside providers;
- Conducts “prep” for clinic or department including the compilation of patient data and/or documentation;
- Understands the documentation requirements for scheduling within the associated scheduling applications;
- Demonstrates knowledge of resources and schedules to ensure efficient operation for the clinic, hospital, or department;
- Other duties as assigned.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High school degree or equivalent at minimum required; associate's or above a plus;
- Minimum two (2) years of scheduling experience or prior medical experience as a scheduler in a hospital/clinic with complex scheduling algorithms is required;
- Prior oncology related scheduling experience preferred;
- Computer skill and knowledge of all Microsoft applications. Excellent verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills required. Must be professional, detail oriented, self-motivated and an independent worker.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.