ID: 7069794 (Ref.No. hlj_27246)
Posted: September 15, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- The Guest Relations Specialist is responsible for the delivery of exceptional patient experience in the MCC Magnolia Campus infusion center.
- This position requires a high degree of patient engagement to keep patients and family members informed of infusion center processes and wait times as well as serving as a resource for patients who may require support services.
- The Guest Relations Specialist serves infusion center operations as the central point of contact for patients, families, treatment teams, clinic managers, support staff, and department chairs during patient infusion visits.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in a healthcare setting providing empathetic, face to face customer care.
- Monitors in real-time and communicates to patients, families and staff the Infusion Center patient care delivery schedule and progress.
- Facilitates patient access to cancer center support services and clinical assistance
- Infusion Center Volunteer Services Liaison
- Provides infusion center tours and education for visitors
- Maintains safe, orderly and functional reception area for patients and guests
- Ensures the connected care, comfort and safety of all patients and guests
Credentials and Experience:
- Applicants for this position must possess a minimum of (2) two years of demonstrable experience providing empathetic, face-to-face customer care in a professional, customer service and customer care environment.
- Minimum of one year of customer service interaction in a Healthcare environment experience required.
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Office, Word and Outlook required.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in an outpatient clinical setting.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.