Mission Viejo, CA
ID: 7058203 (Ref.No. 1919)
Posted: May 7, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Emeritus Institute (SC-060-022)
Commensurate with education.
The Saddleback College Emeritus Institute serves the older population of South Orange County.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
The Part-Time Instructor will teach lecture/lab split courses in the core subjects of Health, Consumer Health, and Gerontology. Lab portions of health courses include emphases in one or more of the following areas: aerobics, aquatic fitness, balance and mobility, brain health, chair exercise, Pilates, sequential stretching, tai chi, and yoga.
Assignments will include day and evening courses. Teaching assignments will primarily off-campus, throughout South Orange County at various teaching sites with required travel between sites.
For this position, faculty must have at least one of the following:
1. Bachelor’s degree with a major in health science, health education, physical education, kinesiology, exercise science, dietetics and nutrition, or the equivalency, and either:
(A) Thirty hours or two-semester units of coursework or classwork in understanding the needs of the older adult taken at an accredited institution of higher education or approved by the district.
This requirement may be completed concurrently during the first year of employment as a noncredit instructor;
(B) One year of professional experience working with older adults
2. Associate degree with a major in health science, health education, physical education, kinesiology, exercise science, dietetics and nutrition, or the equivalent; and two years of occupational experience related to the subject of the course taught; and sixty hours or four-semester units of coursework or classwork in understanding the needs of the older adult, taken at an accredited institution of higher education or approved by the district.
This last requirement may be completed concurrently during the first year of employment as a noncredit instructor.
- Resume / CV
- Transcript 1
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 2
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Other Doc
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation 1
At the South Orange County Community College District, our goal as an academic community is to sustain a working environment that fosters and celebrates diversity, promotes and rewards excellence, and is welcoming to all. An exemplary academic community promotes an inclusive environment that best prepares our faculty, staff, and students to live, work, and contribute in a global society. The Plan reflects the District's commitment to equal employment opportunity and outlines the active steps that ensure nondiscriminatory practices.