ID: 7056122 (Ref.No. 307083CS)
Posted: February 23, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Entry level, novice professional nurse who possesses a basic general knowledge of nursing practice. Assists physician with treatment room examination and procedures, schedules tests and appointments, answers patient calls, and records and communicates information to referring physicians. May serve as a resource for Licensed Vocational Nurses and unlicensed staff members.
- Performs responsibilities in a manner that promotes quality and safe patient care and a positive patient experience.
- Adheres to the scope of practice as defined by the Texas Nurse Practice Act.
- Provides professional nursing assessment of patients.
- Assists with treatment room examination and procedures on patients.
- Schedules appointments, tests, and examinations with hospital and other doctor’s offices.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient’s electronic medical record.
- Instructs patients concerning the preparations needed for tests and surgical procedures.
- Communicates with other health care professionals regarding orders and care of patients.
- Executes physician orders and administers medications and treatments for patients.
- Promotes patient’s independence by involving patient in defining and establishing patient care goals; teaching and counseling patient, friends, and family and reinforcing their understanding of disease, medications, and self-care skills.
- Provides telephone triage to patients and ensure patients receive the right level of care.
- Monitors or supervises Licensed Vocational Nurses and unlicensed staff members by directing, guiding, and influencing the outcome of an individual’s performance and activity.
- Respects and supports patient rights and promotes positive family and patient relations.
- Prioritizes and organizes work so that assignments are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Identifies and supports basic cost containment and efficiency for patients and the clinic.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment; stocks, and orders treatment room supplies.
- Maintains a professional and cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information, responding to requests, and building rapport by participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- No experience required.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
- Cardiology experience.