ID: 7056085 (Ref.No. 0295891CS)
Posted: February 23, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Ambulatory Anesthesia service on the McNair Campus, Monday – Friday service, no call, no nights or weekends.
Administers anesthesia to patients prior to surgical or medical procedures, monitors patients' vital signs and responds to emergency/code situations when warranted.
- Administers intravenous, spinal and other anesthetics prior to surgical or medical procedures.
- Assesses and evaluates patients prior to the administration of anesthesia in order to formulate anesthetic plan.
- Monitors patients' vital signs during and after the administration of anesthesia.
- Responds to emergency/code situations in order to provide airway management.
- Records anesthetic information and patient condition on a postoperative report.
- May supervise or provide direction to student nurse anesthetists.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing and a Master's Degree in Anesthesia.
- Registered Nurse licensure by the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse licensure by the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Certification as a Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) from the National Board of Certification & Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists and the Texas Board of Nursing.